CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Hot rolls with dinner!





I made Tammy's bread again. The first double batch of dough I am freezing. An online friend recommended freezing after the first rise and punch down. We'll see how that winds up later in the week. The next batch I made one round loaf of bread in my ceramic kitchenaid pie pan. Another loaf in my ceramic loaf pan. Then the next double batch I made rolls!!

Brown n serve rolls have nothing on these! I used muffin liners to avoid having them stick to the pan. I sprayed the liners but then some of the muffin stuck to the liners. haha Oh well. Just a little bit. They were very, very tasty and every bit as good as the last time I made this bread. Melt n your mouth!! Very soft and tender and not wheaty at all.

Dh called and said he wants some more of my home made buttermilk biscuits! I told him we are all out of buttermilk. (Yes I know the trick with the vinegar and the reg. milk ;) ) And can he wait for a few days? Sure thing. :D I was already in the middle of the 3rd double batch of bread/rolls so hunting down that recipe and whipping up MORE bread just didn't seem like a good idea at the time. lol

Well on Tuesday I am going big shopping for the month. I am usually at the store 1-2 times a week but at the beginning of the month I like to take and get a bunch of stuff at once. I need to make up a list tomorrow. I found a new cooking blog with really yummy recipes. When I seen she added about 3 lbs of butter for her chocolate cake recipe I instantly gained a size! haha

There are alot of new recipes I want to try this month so pull up a chair and stick around. These are on my list of new things to try:

Pico de Gallo

The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake

Roasted Beef Tenderloin

Cinnamon Rolls

Steak sandwiches

What new recipes are you going to try this month?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those rolls look great. My older son and husband LOVE bread so I'll have to learn how to make it. I've never made bread before.

Jasmine's Journey said...

They are delicious! Bread is very easy to make, once you get the hang of it. Here is a link to that recipe.

The Best Whole Wheat Bread Ever

It is the best bread ever! Lots of pictures too. I use my kitchenaid mixer and it does all the kneading for me. :)