CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WFMW: Using TWO coupons per purchase



I know some of you ladies may know this but hey, maybe some of you don't. This Works-For-Me Wednesday I will let you know how I got 5 boxes of Total cereal today, normally priced at $4.00 a box(so $20.00 worth)for only $7.50. Now I am certainly not the coupon Queen but I do try to clip here and there what I think I will use.

Well my local grocery store was selling Total cereal for $2.50 this week. They also had an "in ad coupon" for $3.00 off if you buy 5 boxes in their flyer. So $12.50 - $3.00 is $9.50, not bad. Well it just so happens I also had a $2.00 off manufacturers coupon for when you buy 5 boxes. So $9.50 - $2.00 = $7.50. Even better! That is the catch. You can use both a manufacturers coupon and a store "in ad" coupon on the same purchase and save even more money.

So check the small print on those coupons ladies and double up where you can. For more tips go take a look at Works-For-Me Wednesday

5 comments:

Amy said...

I have done this a couple of times when it works out at Walgreens. It is a good tip to tell everyone because I didn't think I could do it until a nice lady at Walgreens said "sure you can!"

Jasmine's Journey said...

Hi Heidi and Amy. Yeah it is so simple once you know but I figured some out there probably were never told. :)

Melissa Markham said...

Good job on your savings! I love it when it comes together like that! I recently had a coupon for 1.00 of an item and the store had it on sale for .99 so, the store paid me .01 to take each item off of their hands:) I got five of them that way!

Mom2fur said...

I've been doing this for a long time, and it sure does add up! Another place to combine coupons and sales is at stores with cash-back programs like CVS, Walgreen's and Rite-Aid. For example, CVS might offer you a $1 ECB (that's an extra care buck, in case you don't know--coupons that print on your receipt after certain purchases. ECBs are great and can often be used for anything you want)--okay, I'm rambling in parentheses. So, you get back a $1 ECB on Colgate toothpaste, which happens to be on sale for $1.99. But wait! You have a $1 mfr's coupon! So now that toothpaste costs you 99 cents...you get a $1 ECB to use next time you shop...and you've actually made a penny profit. Silly at first, until you realize how fast those extra pennies add up! So keep up the good work--you'll be a Coupon Queen before you know it!

Jasmine's Journey said...

Melissa that is great! I don't see deals like that too often.

Mom2fur I have heard about cvs from others blogs and I even signed up online. Now I just need to go! :)