CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

Beef & Cheese Tamale Pie, Yummy!!







Okay so I found this recipe in the local paper and tryed it Saturday Night. It was pretty good although I am thinking of using Maseca next time instead of corn meal. I had some shredded beef so we used that instead of hamburger meat. The corn meal seemed really soft and Joe was wondering next time if we should just bake the corn meal in the pan by itself first to harden it up. I used a huge rectangle pan and as you can tell by the edges it was lacking a bit in cheese. lol I will definately increase next time! Someone on another forum has an awesome enchilada recipe using maseca so next time I will probably try that and see if I like it better. Basically a glorifies enchilada with cornmeal. I like the corn tortillas better though.

The pics turned out great though!!

0 comments: